Saturday, April 17, 2010

Project 2: Wk 1 First Attempt

Over the week I have been slowly developing an understanding of the brief, and a conceptual framework and sort of 'spirit' with which to approach it. I am now clear on the narrative, that I feel I have partly uncovered and partly superimposed on the drawing, Edward Hopper's 'Chair Car'. I am still thinking of an appropriate site that best complements the spatial qualities of my concept, but I have narrowed it down to one in Sydney in either a 'natural' public place or an urban setting. I have included my progressive thoughts that represent the shaping of my concept based on observations, as well as some form studies derived from my initial parti diagram. I really want to finalise my site to introduce some contextual meaning, and encapsulate my narrative in a succinct yet evocative sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment