Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Project 2: Wk 3 Third Attempt

We had a really productive workshop with Felicity yesterday. The note sheets, show our discussion where we explored some different approaches to the design decision process. Felicity also very generously will allow me to construct my model on a base bigger than the 250x250mm regulation. This was very important to me as my conceptual design of the organisation and definition of the rooms with the manipulation of openings was developed very closely with the fabrication the model at a big scale so it would be easy to visualise myself, and the strangers of the narrative, inhabiting the spaces. One lesson learnt from making the model in the Bawa project was that the small scale we used did not do any justice to our understanding of the spaces- as it was completely inadequate in communicating its unique spacial qualities. I will now explore these new ideas by modifying and testing the working model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment