Thursday, June 10, 2010

Project 3: Wk5 Fourth Attempt

Just included this additional post to highlight one part of my concept because I fear that it gets lost amongst the larger spaces, the workshop for the visiting artist. My reasoning for the organisation of this space relates to my narrative. My main character had a passion for art in school and wants to reengage with it. So the workshop is accessible from the system of courtyards at ground level, but above on the first floor a glass window has been provided so that members of the public can watch the artist in the process of producing his art, without disturbing him- with the height difference and glass barrier. In this sense the owner is offering the visitors the same engagement with, and discovery of art that he longs for. I felt this was a great way of playing with variations in verticality, to provide a space where the public could also receive and reflect upon the quite sensitive and personal act of producing art.

No comments:

Post a Comment