Monday, June 7, 2010

Project 3: Wk5 Second Attempt

Installed the roof treatments to the gallery rooms and circulation armature. For the circulation I have included to thin lines that provide a disturbing quality as if the space is not sufficiently open to the outside, creating a contained tension with slender strips of light projected onto the wall. The shard roofs of the gallery spaces have been opened at varying degrees depending on how well light I wanted the rooms to be. In between the walls and the roofs would be glass, supported by steel braces.

Unfortunately because of time pressure I won't be able to rebuild the middle section so it matches up with the front space and back apartment. I have also not chosen to produce a sectional model, because as I discussed with Felicity, such a model would not assist a coherent reading of the gallery because it works so well in plan and is constantly shifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment